Thursday, August 29, 2013

Where is Your Confidence?

There are so many people who are not comfortable nor confident with their hair. This could include length, thickness or thinness, shedding, breakage, edges and etc.

I was one of those people. For many years, I did not feel comfortable with my hair length so therefore I was not confident in wearing my own hair. I have never had long hair and often found my self idolizing other women with longer hair than I have. If you are idolizing, jealous, or just depressed about how your hair looks....... STOP. BE-YOU-TIFUL and work with the image God created you in. 

As I mentioned in my first blog, I transitioned for a year. Half of my head was relaxed and my roots were natural. Most of the time I had a sew in, braids or some kind of protective style, so my hair would not be such a mess!

Its not all that great of an experience to transition because you have to deal with two textures of hair. However, transitioning is not a bad thing whatsoever. I say go for it! If you are just now transitioning and going to see consultants for advice, they may strongly encourage you to do the "big chop" but you have to be comfortable and confident in you and the choices you make with your hair. Therefore stick with your initial decision to transition or to cut it off!

I, for instance, cannot stand real short hair. I just do not think it looks good on me so as a result I transitioned. I am not against the "big chop". Hey, if you want to just chop it all off, chop it all off! I would admit that its probably much easier that way. 

My overall point is make sure you are comfortable with your hair when going natural, with either transitioning or doing the "big chop"! Find your confidence, its within YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment