Tuesday, September 3, 2013

10 Blogs for Natural Hair

Read this!











The blog that I choose to evaluate is one I found today. This blog is called Single Strand Knots, which is listed above. I chose this particular blog because it is the one I can relate to the most. Being natural and having a coil, kinky curl, I always come across fairy knots that can be difficult to manage. Most of the time for convenience, I just pull them out or comb them out and keep going. As short and sweet as this "Single Strand Knot" blog is, it gave me a lot of information and tips on how I can handle those knots! 

I really liked how this blog gave me several ideas on how to manage fairy knots. Without coming across this blog, I really could have continued the damaging of my own hair. I also like how the author gets straight to the point. She doesn't go on and on about her own experiences with stranded knots but gives us a short idea of her past experiences with them. 

However, I wish the author would have given readers a better photo of what fairy knots and stranded knots look like. Instead, it just looks like a photo pulled off google of a women looking at the ends of her hair. I have learned that readers love illustration and an example of what their reading especially when the topic becomes personal or similar to their situation. 

Because I noticed the photo and how disconnected it was to the reading, I will try my best to put illustrations on my blog that fits the topic. The illustration below can really be helpful to actually see what fairy knots are.  






No comments:

Post a Comment